- 1 1/2 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup packed flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cloves garlic (4 cloves yield ~2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 300 grams pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
In the meantime, prepare pesto. Use a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, vegan parmesan cheese, olive oil and sea salt. Blend. Continue blending until creamy and fully combined.
- Next add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
Once your pasta is drained, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant but not yet browned. Turn off heat and then add the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add 3/4 of pea pesto. Toss to mix.
- Serve warm with additional pesto and garnish generously with additional parsley, walnuts, and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Open up a pack of Hippeas to go with it! We recommend in herbs we trust.